We have substantial fixes and changes that have been greatly requested by our community today!
PreAlpha2 Patch 2a
- Doubled the horizontal size of the world to 4000 world units
- Waypoints to other players now show the distance in a tooltip
- Chair flipping is now allowed
- Increased grenade damage but lowered damage over range
- Protected unbreakable blocks against dynamite mining
- Improved positioning of setpiece markers on minimap and ensured debug-teleporting to a surface setpiece spawns you somewhere on the surface
- Updated surface setpieces again. Temporarily removed Hut and Ruined Tower. Added Shelter.
- Added a more powerful debug button to toggle the UI camera and hide all UI/text (when the Esc and Tab menus are not open)
- Fixed issue that caused the “Cold” notification to tick on and off repeatedly when one of your colonists is downed
- Fixed icons for certain items and ores looking “thick”
- Fixed long-standing bug that caused clicking with the selection cursor in multiplayer to use the last item in the hotbar
- Fixed a bug with certain armors that could cause damage stacking issues when equipped/unequipped
- Fixed an exploit that allowed recharging the rocket boots in midair by re-equipping them quickly
- Fixed issue that caused chefs and other axe-wielding NPCs to just stand there when attacked.
PreAlpha2 Patch 2b
- Added automatic saving every 5 minutes
- Reduced heavy CPU usage that could result from off-screen world regions loading and unloading rapidly by keeping them alive a bit longer
- Improved performance by caching the result of frequent IO calls
- Improved performance of the terrain lighting
- Fixed issue that caused NPCs to get stuck if they decided to go to sleep while standing on a platform block
- Fixed a long standing bug where Smelter and other facilities that can have materials potentially hauled to them could cause all colony crafting/hauling orders to halt
PreAlpha2 Patch 2c
- Hotfix for saving issue introduced in last patch. Clear your save folders!
- F10 hotkey allows you to force saving the world
Did you make it this far? We have an ongoing contest over at our Discord server to build a birthday party! The winner will get a copy of Outworlder for themselves or a friend courtesy of one of our community volunteers!
Enter fast, the contest ends when the Steam Next Fest ends!
Can’t get enough Outworlder? Itching for the next colony? Try one of our communities and social media platforms!
Our Discord is our main community hub: look for people to play Outworlder with there!
Our other spaces are regularly updated