Take a look at our new survival options. You may also enjoy the updated graphics, full screen rework, and server functions!
- New Main Menu graphics
- New Resolution setting in Options menu; full screen will use a letterbox effect and magnify to preserve the aspect ratio of the game and keep the pixels sharp (base resolution = 640×360)
- New handling of Blizzard: no longer gives rads, lasts longer, reduces temperature significantly above ground and reduces effect of heat sources, though nearby background blocks reduce its effect somewhat.
- Colonists and players can now once again die from cold/frostbite
- New craftable melee weapon: Survival knife
- Butchering changes: You may now butcher corpses on the ground using melee weapons (use the knife for higher yield) and butchering is now available to the player as a crafting option
- Humanoid AI improvements: “Return fire” will be slightly more responsive; colonists can now detect if a humanoid or creature is targeting them and respond immediately. They will also respond to squad members getting attacked and rush in to defend the leader if they’re not busy.
- Factions are now delineated at the block-level instead of 8×8 areas. You can now place platforms to scale an enemy outpost or escape a pit dug down by an enemy faction.
- Introduced shock absorption that reduces knockback depending on the entity. Beasts and predators will barely budge when shot, while small birds and critters will be ejected with force.
- Maze now has regular techmetal instead of impassable techmetal
- Only one keycard vendor will be generated per map, usually near the middle
- Improved pickaxe impact particles; reduced bloom on ejected metal, show impact sparks only if the material is stone or metal, ensure impact sparks gives off light as well, prevent excessive flickering when mining.
- The host can now Kick/Ban users from the Overview screen
- New sprites for grenade and other throwable objects
- Increased amount of potatoes found in the wild
- Removed firearms from initial drop pods
- Added some tutorial text to Buddy about potatoes
- Added more explosives in chests found in the wild
- Updated Unity from version 2019.3.24f1 to 2020.3.20f1 to support some of the more complex UI compositing operations.
- Fixed timing issue that could cause alert notifications to cycle and beep repeatedly for users running the game at 144 FPS
- Fixed issue that caused unarmed NPCs to run away from all creatures, even harmless ones
- Fixed issue that caused NPCs to sometimes fail to drop their target and follow it forever, even after it’s long gone
- Ensure fleeing characters stop fleeing after they’ve gotten far enough away from the threat
- Ensure characters don’t immediately re-engage with targets they just dropped due to a combat mishap
- Fixed issue that caused creature combat exceptions to apply backwards – should now properly reduce likelihood that Hydroid will turn areas of the map upside down if not provoked
- Fixed issue related to the vendor setpiece causing hangs when opening the minimap
- Fixed bats not finding their way out of the world and remaining active in the sky/draining resources when they’re supposed to leave in the morning.
- Fixed hunger and warmth alerts popping up when the player dies
- Fixed issue with pixel magnification applying differently to the world camera and the UI.
- Applied tentative fix for certain butchering issues (NPC won’t stop butchering, etc)
- Fixed issue that caused black squares to appear briefly when mining coal
- Fixed issue that caused certain yellow/orange explosions to glow blue
- Fixed issue that would cause world generation issues after resuming a game if you did not change the random seed provided when you opened the New Game dialog.
Can’t get enough Outworlder? Itching for the next colony? Try one of our communities and social media platforms!
Our Discord is our main community hub: look for people to play Outworlder with there!
Our other spaces are regularly updated